I am speaking DIRECTLY to you letting you know its TIME. Time to RISE up, move forward, and be all God has created you to be.
Life has had you down long enough. The way’s of this world can be depressing and things happen to all of us. Suffering, sickness, sadness, guilt, shame and despair are all an attempt by the enemy to ruin you. But you will NOT BE SHAKEN! Its time to press on and move forward for you and your family.
Believe it or not these exact words are just what I have spoken to many of my friends,family and even myself when times got tough!
YOU CAN OVERCOME WHATEVER IT IS YOU ARE GOING THROUGH. God has so many blessings in store for you. The key is to find something you are grateful for, something that fires you up inside and keep focus on this.
But how? How do I get my mind off of all that is troubling me?
First and foremost PRAY. If you have never prayed before start now! Praying allows you to empty yourself of energy taxing emotions and thoughts. In other words, it helps you to be clear and start anew. Take 5 minutes to pray for others, 5 minutes to focus on all your grateful for, and 5 minutes to work on you! If you did this everyday for a month you would be AMAZED at the transformation you would experience!
The Bible says in Jeremiah 33:3 “Call to Me, and I will answer you, and show you great and mighty things, which you do not know.”
Change your thoughts change your life.
It can be tricky when we are stuck in a rut. These quotes always make me think deeper and I hope they do for you. So much power lies in your own thoughts.
“If you don’t like something change it, If you can’t change it – change the way you think about it”
“Watch your thoughts;They become words. Watch you words;They become actions. Watch your actions;They become habits.Watch your habits;They become character.Watch your character;It becomes your destiny.” -LAO TZU
“All that we are is a result of our thoughts”-Buddha
“The mind is everything, what you think you become”-Buddha
Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is TRUE, whatever is NOBLE, whatever is RIGHT, whatever is PURE, whatever is LOVELY, whatever is ADMIRABLE—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—THINK ABOUT SUCH THINGS.- Philippians 4:8
HOW DO YOU CHANGE YOUR THOUGHTS???
- First off you have to change your habits and routine. Its true OLD HABITS ARE HARD TO BREAK but they can be broken! Start with just one thing you need to focus on changing and take the action steps from there. Take responsibility for your choices and actions and start living a disciplined life with boundaries. This may mean slowly weaning away from people or places that no longer serve you.
- Motivational music is a proven effective way to get your mind into a grateful state. Turn off any garbage music and listen to lyrics that are uplifting, motivating, and pleasant. Some of my favorite artists are Danny Gokey, Plumb, Mercy Me, Casting Crowns, Third Day, and Francesca Battistelli. This music is something my whole family enjoys! We listen in the car and at home often! I love when I hear my kids singing praise music on their own. So much better than some of this offensive pop music kids are exposed to! I often find these lyrics running in my head and I love it because they are full of encouragement.
- Vision boards are a HUGE game changer in creating the life you want. Make your vision board full of everything you want in your life. Don’t leave anything out! Be careful what you wish for vision boards are powerful if you do them right! Every 6-12 months I create a new vision board. I put it in my closet where I look at it every morning. I take a good 5 minutes to focus on it. I can say from personal experience it doesn’t happen overnight but many things over time that I had put on my boards did show up in my life.
- Turn off the news! Simple as that. The media is brainwashing you to believe all kinds of horrible things are taking over our world. This is FALSE! Life is good and so are most people.
- Find your Tribe that is people who love and support you for who you are.
- Take up exercise such as yoga, running, or group classes or at least take a brisk walk daily. Exercise can do WONDERS for your mental health. It can help you break those habits and patterns that got you in trouble in the first place. This Bible verse tells us Physical health is as important to fulfilling your destiny as your spiritual health!
- Get off social media! Or at least watch what you are looking at and who you are following. Most of the time you are not seeing the whole picture! There can be alot of great info but steer clear of things that make you feel your life is lacking or your not good enough.
- Realize the world needs what you have! We all have something to give!
- What doesn’t kill you makes you stronger! Reflect and realize all you have been through in your life.You made it ! You survived! These are true miracles in life! Be proud and grateful of these experiences as hard as it may be.
Friends, to fulfill God’s destiny for your life you must reprogram your mind! Each day from here on out you have to MAKE IT A POINT to watch positive motivational videos, listen to self help audio programs, and read inspirational material that will help you stay focused on success. Have a backup plan for any negativity that can enter your mind so you can quickly switch your thinking.
Fill your mind with so much positivity that there is no room for anything else!
I promise if you make it a priority to work for God you won’t be disappointed! Start with just loving, helping and serving others without expecting anything in return. This is true humility and selflessness. Then the things you yearn for such as success, satisfaction, contentment, and happiness will easily follow and flow into your life naturally.
Be Well! 🙂