I know not everyone likes to exercise. Getting to a sweaty class, twisting yourself up in yoga, or having a personal trainer yelling down your throat may not be your cup of tea or what gets you going. Either way you HAVE to figure out WHAT MOTIVATES YOU TO EXERCISE by trying things out. There is something out there for everyone! Ask your friends what workouts they have been loving and do your own investigating bychecking out a website or trying a class.
Many gyms offer a “trial” class that is free before you sign into a commitment. Forget your fears and don’t be shy or embarrassed – just try things!!! This is your health on the line! If you are not into group fitness there are hundreds of other options. Just move every day and start somewhere such as going for a long daily walk and stretching. Getting in the habit of some-sort of daily exercise is the way to go for better health.
Here are some other tips to help you along the way
- Commit a time everyday you will workout and stick to it! Write it on your calendar and your “to-do” list. Check it off when you are done. When my kids get off to school in the morning I am energized and ready to workout so I head to a class or exercise at home during this time. I mark this on our family calendar and my personal list for the day.
- MUSIC MUSIC MUSIC! Music can literally MAKE or BREAK your workout.. Having a great mix and a good set of earbuds is HUGE. Some mornings my intended power walks turn into runs because my music has pumped me up so much! Seriously get a good mix together for yourself with higher tempo beats you enjoy and see what happens!!!
- Grab a friend! Ask your pal to join you a few days a week. Having someone hold you accountable is huge motivation. Meet up at a class together or meet outside for a run. Whatever you choose do it together and make it a high priority (aka don’t cancel last minute).
- Clean up your diet! There is no better way to get motivated than by eating clean and feeling the benefits. You will literally WANT to workout and feel really good about yourself. Try it, see how it feels, then keep it up!
- Create a vision board dedicated to exercise motivation. Cut out pics of people that inspire you, put up motivating quotes, and what you WANT right now. Be specific! For example, “I am exercising everyday for my long-term health” or “I am exercising everyday to get and feel fit.” etc etc. Put this board up where you can look at it multiple times a day. Make a pointe to look, visualize, and feel what it is you want. If you do this daily and do the work eventually you will see things unfold in your life and start to happen!
I hope I have provided you with some tools to GET UP EVERYDAY AND GET MOVING! It is no longer an option not to exercise. INVEST in your long term health and make the commitment to exercise EVERYDAY!
Be Well! 🙂
p.s. I’m on Instagram now posting lots of fun pics and video!
If you are looking for a way to JUMP START your HEALTH and WELLNESS in the New Year my 14 day REAL Food REAL Fitness Program is Just what you need! Check it out!