I absolutely LOVE This time of year! The sights, sounds, smells, and tastes of the holiday season are meant to be celebrated. I especially love the warmth and love of family this time of year brings! It’s time to cozy up with your favorite peeps and enjoy some seasonal comfort food thats healthy and delicious!!! (Bonus-> The house will smell GREAT! )
Baked Sweet Potato Casserole
- 2 pounds of sweet potatoes (5-6), peeled and chopped into cubes
- 1/4-1/2 cup organic raw honey or maple syrup (depends on how sweet you want it)
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large pastured organic eggs
- unrefined coconut oil cooking spray
- 1/3 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup coconut palm sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon melted butter
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Place the potatoes in a large pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer about 30 minutes or until tender. Drain and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Place potatoes in a large bowl: add honey, coconut milk, melted butter, salt and vanilla. Beat with mixer until smooth. Add eggs and beat well. Pour the potato mixture into 13×9 inch baking pan (don’t use glass) coated with cooking spray.
- In another bowl prepare the topping: Combine almond flour, coconut sugar, cinnamon, and salt. Stir in 2 tablespoons melted butter. Sprinkle the mixture evenly over the potato mixture and place the pecans nicely on top.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until just golden
- Remove casserole from oven and preheat broiler
- Broil casserole for 1 minute or until the topping is bubbly.
- Let stand before serving
Be Well 🙂