Real Food Real Fitness Blog
Drink THIS to get RID of Congestion and Breathe Easier!
Hey everyone! It that time of year again -> WINTER! Sometimes I get hit with a cold or just occasional sniffly congestion from dry air and the heat running. I wanted to share a quick holistic home remedy tea I drink to get rid of a winter cold’s and congestion that’s really EASY. I’ve attached links so you can see where to buy the ingredients.
This nutritious, nourishing, healing tea is infused with lemon and peppermint essential oils and the healing properties of RAW honey and apple cider vinegar.
The peppermint essential oil immediately opens up the airways, quiets cough, and breathing becomes clearer. Lemon oil boosts the immunity and is invigorating and warming to the body. Apple cider vinegar infused honey is full of the detox benefits of apple cider vinegar plus the immune boosting properties of RAW honey.
Choosing a good 100% certified Organic premium Grade loose tea is also going to enhance the healing benefits of this drink!
Holistic Healing WINTER Tea
- 1 cup LIGHT OF DAY Lemon Sencha tea
- 1 drop YOUNG LIVING (the only EO I recommend for consumption) PEPPERMINT essential oil
- 1 drop YOUNG LIVING (the only EO I recommend for consumption) LEMON essential oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar infused healing RAW HONEY (www.facebook.com/honeyhelp)
- Steep tea for 5 min.
- Add in 1 drop each of lemon and peppermint oil and stir in 1 Tablespoon honey.
- Let sit for a minute and then sip slowly, ENJOY!
QUICK NOTE- Because this tea contains essential oils for consumption I DO NOT recommend giving it to children 12 and younger.
To print this recipe, click the print icon: