Its Pomegranate season!!! Pomegranate’s offer powerful disease protection!!! I am NOT talking about the juice that comes in a plastic bottle in the grocery store. For these true benefits you need the REAL deal! You need to cut and remove the actual pomegranate seeds and eat them and yes there is fresh juice inside also.
Pomegranates are delicious and my GO-TO snack if I am craving something sweet!
Besides being mother nature ‘s candy here are 5 reasons you should be eating more pomegranates!!!!
- Pomegranate has serious anti-inflammatory effects that may protect against cancer and other chronic diseases. Also pomegranate is one of the few foods (mushrooms are another) that contain natural aromatase inhibitors. This means that they inhibit the production of estrogen, which can reduce breast cancer risk.
- The compounds in pomegranate have blood pressure-reducing properties.
- Pomegranate has shown in studies to guard memory and brain function.
- Pomegranate has perks for athletes to! The juice may enhance exercise efficiently and increase the amount of time it takes to get to reach exhaustion. This is similar to the benefit that has also been attributed to consuming beet juice before a workout.
- Pomegranate fruit and juice are crammed with vitamin C which help strengthen the immune system
So How exactly do you cut and eat a pomegranate? Its actually pretty easy!
You will need a large bowl, sharp knife, and wooden spoon.
First, cut the fruit in half.
Next, over a bowl with seed side down take each half and give it a little squeeze to release and loosen the seeds inside. Once you have squeezed the fruit take the back side of your wooden spoon and tap the skin side of the pomegranate.Give it a good whack and the seeds should start to pop right out over the bowl. Keep going until you see all seeds are released. Done!!!!
Enjoy right out of the bowl or sprinkle some on your next salad or on top of your yogurt! Kids love these little seeds to!!!
Be Well! 🙂