- Pop your own popcorn (non GMO) in a popcorn maker or easily in a deep pan on your stove. Avoid any and all microwavable popcorn, it has been shown to have cancer-causing ingredients. The key is to use coconut oil or pastured organic butter and a good dose of CELTIC SEA SALT (higher in minerals). Pack it up in brown lunch bags for you and the kids.
- Go Raw Real Live Food makes a great line of gluten, wheat, and nut free snacks. The chocolate super cookies are full of organic coconut, sprouted seeds, dates to sweeten (no other added sugar), and organic cacao. Snack on these if your craving something sweet! Full of omega fatty acids and potassium. No guilt with these beauties! Also try the flax snax seeded crackers; they are crunchy and great for dips or raw cheese.
- Garden of Life Raw Protein single serving packs are great for settling stomach hunger rumbles and 100% vegan to. Though I do believe whey protein has many benefits, this protein from raw organic sprouts is full of live probiotics and enzymes. Get one of the chocolate or vanilla packs (all naturally sweetened) pour right into your water and mix up, a quick hunger fix!
- Flackers or any seeded crackers are light crunchy and grain free. Top them with raw cheese, avocado, dip in hummus, crush over salad, or just alone and they are delish! They are high in heart healthy omega 3- fatty acids and full of fiber.
- Lara Bars – I like these bars because they are made from 100% real food. Most “bars” on the market are full of preservatives, sugar, and toxic ingredients. The ingredient list on a Lara bar is one you can read and understand usually just dates and nuts. Best of all they taste great and even the kids will enjoy the selection of flavors.
- Nut butters like pecan, almond and cashew butter in single serving packs are a brilliant idea! I always have one of these in my purse or bag. They are high in protein and good fats, which makes for a satisfying snack. Bring along an apple or celery to top or just eat it right out of the pack. Make sure you choose packs that are 100% nut butter with no added sugar.
- If you like sushi and seafood than you will love Nori Krinkles toasted Sea Vegetables. They can be eaten right out of the bag or used as a garnish over soups and salads. Sea vegetables are rich in the important mineral iodine. They are a good source of vitamin C but most important they provide for optimal Thyroid function.
- Crunchies!!! Now this may be more a kid snack but I often find myself grabbing a handful too! Right off the bag it states…“Crunchies are made through a unique freeze drying process and have a crunchy texture. Unlike heat drying crunchies maintain all of their original enzymes and nutrients.” The fruit varieties still have fruit sugar so I am sure only to give the recommended serving to my kids as it is easy to eat much more! I sometimes eat these for dessert at night to. There are veggie varieties as well.
- Olives are a salty satisfying snack. The health benefits of olives are endless. They are an excellent source of monounsaturated fat, vitamin E, and help maintain a balanced metabolism to name a few. They are also a great finger food for kids.
Hopefully this list has helped you think outside the box more when it comes to snacks. Try fruits and veggies too, non-processed meats or jerky’s, and raw nuts. Try posting up a list in your kitchen of easy quick snacks to pack and get rid of the bagged chips, crackers, cookies, fruit snacks or any of that junk. Don’t have it on hand or even in your house and then you will get in the routine of picking REAL food snacks that can be just as convenient!
Be Well 🙂