OMG! Could this bread be anymore delicious?! I surprised myself at how delightful this recipe turned out. I was hoping to whip together something with eggs that my kiddos would eat for breakfast. They were tired of scrambled eggs even french toast so instead I decided a healthy breakfast bread might persuade them! When this all came together it was a household hit!
This bread has no refined sugars (minus chocolate chips), no butter, no regular flour, it’s gluten free and paleo too! Eat a slice of this bread with a tall glass of kefir or raw milk and you have a delicious, super nutritious and filling meal!
CHOCOLATE CHIP BREAKFAST BREAD
- 2 medium ripe bananas, mashed (about 1 1/4 cups mashed banana)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup raw almond butter
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a loaf pan with coconut oil cooking spray
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine bananas, vanilla and almond butter; mix until well combined, smooth and creamy. Add in eggs, one at a time and mix on medium speed until combined. With the mixer on medium-low speed, add in coconut flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt; mix again until just combined. Gently fold in chocolate chips. Batter will be a thicker consistency.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and smooth top. Bake for 30-40 minutes or until tester inserted into center comes out clean. Remove from oven and place on wire rack to cool for 20 minutes.
Be Well! Enjoy!
Susie R. 🙂