I am a holistic health coach, mom of 4, blogger, Syphus junkie, wellness junkie, and REAL food activist. Primal health is my passion and when I started Syphus Training it was the missing piece of the “fitness” puzzle I had been yearning to give my body and looking for. Through the years lets just say I had been up and down and all around different gyms and exercise studio’s piecing together week by week what I thought were good workouts.
Then I stepped onto the turf and the rest is history! What I love about Syphus are the REAL organic primal movements that are natural and just how the body was designed to move. Running, sprinting, skipping, hopping, crawling, bending, lifting, pushing, pulling is what Syphus is all about rolled up into some amazing FUN crazy challenging tasks and circuits. Anthropological evidence has even proven that these efficient movements are healthy and a better way to achieve an athletic physique by tuning in to how our bodies evolved! Yes!
Syphus brings a unique element of HIIT (high intensity interval training), friendly competition and a workout scoring system that you can’t get anywhere else. Honestly there is so much more than a workout here its hard to describe in words. Its when I am on the brink of exhaustion at the end of a workout its there I find my Zen. There is something deep, powerful and truly unique about Syphus that keeps me coming back week after week.
My body and mind LOVE and THRIVE on the competition and each new challenging task and circuit. Syphus is seriously a powerhouse for the body and a challenge for the mind. Syphus has made me the athlete I am today strong, confident, and empowered! I continue to pursue each new circuit and task with curiosity , determination, perseverance, and gratitude! There is NOTHING like the feeling of adrenaline pumping the second that clock counts down from ten! Every time I do Syphus I come ALIVE in many ways. I know I have accomplished something GREAT each and every workout. I encourage you to let go, tap in, and let Syphus Training transform you! (Submitted from My Syphus Story – 2016 . You can view the whole story at (www.syphustraining.com)
For the ultimate whole body transformation combine Syphus training with a primal REAL food diet and you have the perfect combo for weight maintenance, flexibility, and a consistent fit LIFESTYLE!
FOODS TO FOCUS ON:
- Meat: Humanely raised organic grass fed beef, pastured pork and chicken along with other game meats such as bison and venison. Fish: Salmon is superb. Wild-caught fish is best
- Eggs: Organic pastured eggs are best.
- Vegetables: Organic is best or any and all vegetables and lots of them!
- Fermented Vegetables:the beneficial bacteria in these foods act as detoxifiers removing toxins and heavy metals from our bodies.
- Fruit: Organic is best or any and all fruit, especially berries!
- Nuts and Seeds: raw unroasted/unsalted is best. Soaking or sprouting nuts will make them easier to digest and absorb.
- Raw Full Fat Dairy: Cheese, butter, heavy cream, kefir, milk, buttermilk, yogurt. If you are going to eat dairy it should be grass-fed/clean/raw/unprocessed.
- Healthy Fats and Oils: Unrefined coconut oil, pastured butter, extra virgin olive oil, avocado oil, cod liver oil, and expeller-expressed flax oil.
FOODS TO AVOID:
- Sugar, High Fructose Corn Syrup, Artificial food dyes, Artificial Sweeteners: Sucralose, Saccharin, Aspartame, Cyclamates and Acesulfame Potassium.
- Gluten containing grains: especially WHEAT, rye, and barley. Gluten containing grains need to be soaked or fermented to break down and neutralize phytic acid in order for the body to be able to properly digest them.
- Trans Fats: found in many packaged and processed foods under the name “hydrogenated” or “partionally hydrogenated.” High omega-6 seed and vegetable oils: soybean, sunflower, grapeseed, corn, safflower, cottonseed, and canola.
- GMO (genetically modified organism) foods and food products
- Diet/low-fat/low calorie products, bars, and shakes.
- CAFO (confined animal feeding operation) meats and processed deli meats.
- Processed foods: AVOID THESE AT ALL COSTS. If you can’t understand the ingredients or if it looks like it was made in a factory don’t eat it.
FOODS OK IN MODERATION:
- Stevia, Raw honey ,Date sugar, 100% pure maple syrup
- Beans/legumes: If you are going to eat beans try to soak them yourself or buy BPA free canned versions.
- Non-gluten grains: rice, oats, quinoa, and many others.
- Dark chocolate: at least 70% cacao
- Red Wine: preferably organic with no added sugar (Watch the wine and chocolate if you are trying to lose weight!)
- Coffee (organic, non gmo, fresh brewed) Add in a healthy fat
Don’t forget to Drink plenty of water throughout the day! If water gets boring try to make your own flavors by adding in watermelon and lemon or cucumber and mint to add variety. Also plain sparkling and kombucha tea are good choice.
p.s.Don’t forget to follow me on Instagram for more health and fitness tips!