Its TRUE, excess sugar is a REAL health and diet disaster! The sugar industry long downplayed its potential harm and tried to shift the blame to FAT leading to grocery stores full of fat-free sugar LOADED products.
Newly released documents show the sugar industry paid scientists in the 1960s to play down the link between sugar and heart disease and promote saturated fat as the culprit instead. This is UNREAL! Its makes me furious and people today are still brainwashed and scared of fat. Healthy fats keep you thin. Healthy fats feed your brain! Healthy fats are superfoods! SUGAR should be avoided!
The Good , The Bad, and the UGLY Facts about Sugar….
Its no doubt you have the seen the headlines – SUGAR IS NOT GOOD FOR US! The average American is over-consuming sugar on a daily basis without even realizing it. Sugar is hiding in most processed and packaged foods as well as many typical juice and coffee drinks, and of course desserts such as cakes, cookies, and ice cream.
So what’s the big deal about sugar?
Here are 10 reasons why you should cut processed sugar out of your diet!
- Sugar contains a lot of calories with NO essential nutrients.
- Sugar causes tooth decay by feeding the harmful bacteria in the mouth.
- Eating large amounts of fructose from added sugars can lead to fat in the liver.
- When people eat a lot of sugar, it can cause resistance to the hormone insulin, which can contribute to many diseases.
- Because of the harmful effects of sugar on insulin function, it is a leading driver of type II diabetes.
- Sugar has harmful effects on your metabolism
- Calories from sugar aren’t as fulfilling as other foods that contain protein or fat and this can translate into an increased calorie intake and overeating.
- Sugar can cause addiction and endless cravings for junk food and sweets.
- Sugar produces an artificial “high” and soon after leads to a energy crash.
- Most foods that contain high amounts of harmful sugar are processed junk foods we should be avoiding anyway.
AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST , THE GOOD…
The good news is you don’t have to completely eliminate all sugar from your life. Some natural sugars are ok to eat in moderation!!!
Avoid any and ALL artificial sweeteners as these contain toxic chemicals that are harmful to your overall health.
So next time you are looking for a sweet treat grab some dates or think frozen fruit or a fruit smoothie made with frozen berries, banana, coconut milk, and ice! Yummy, sweet, satisfying, and healthy with NO GUILT!
Get creative and use natural sugars to satisfy your sweet tooth!
Be Well! 🙂