Thanksgiving morning is one of my favorite days of all. Since I can remember we would head downtown to the Thanksgiving parade and somehow my dad would always have an amazing spot for us to sit and view. We would sip hot cocoa and enjoy the splendor of all that this time of year brings.
As an adult I still get that fun excited feeling on Thanksgiving morning. We have yet to venture to the actual parade downtown with all our kiddos (next year!) but we do all curl up on the couch to watch it together.
These healthy plant-based muffins are the PERFECT combination of flavors and texture to enjoy with a hot cup of coffee on Thanksgiving morning. Make the kid’s a nutrient dense tea to sip on alongside a muffin and everyone can start the day energized!
Bake these up the day before so you have them on hand!
Pumpkin Pie Thanksgiving Breakfast Muffins (chocolate chips optional!)
- 1 cup organic pumpkin puree
- 3 Tbsp. ground flaxseed
- ¾ cup of a cup organic canned coconut milk
- 2 Tbsp of organic olive oil
- ½ cup of pure organic maple syrup
- 1 cup of organic brown rice flour
- ¼ cup of organic coconut flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 Tablespoon of ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of ground ginger
- ⅛ teaspoon of ground cloves
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/2 tsp all spice
- ⅛ tsp of ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- With coconut oil lightly grease a 12-hole muffin tray
- Add olive oil, beaten eggs,coconut milk and maple syrup to the pumpkin puree and mix until it is smooth.
- In a separate bowl, mix the dry ingredients together.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the pumpkin puree and mix until well combined (add in chocolate chips if desired).
- Pour the batter in the muffin pan and fill each tin until ⅔ full.
- Cook in the oven on the middle rack for 30-35 minutes (or until an inserted knife in the middle of the muffin comes out clean)
p.s. Don’t miss out on your chance to RESET your body and get on track to a healthier LIFESTYLE and feeling AWESOME!!! My 14 day REAL food REAL fitness health program was designed to help you RESET your current ways to something healthier that can last a lifetime! Don’t wait until after the holidays, take care of YOU now! Invest in your health!
*****Also are you following me on Instagram yet? Come on over and join the fun!