Getting ready to travel for the holidays? Holiday Parties? Hosting? Cookie exchange? Extra Holiday Cheer? It can be really tough to stick to your health goals this time of year but here are some tips to help you survive and thrive during the holiday!
- Workout everyday! If you can manage to do a bodyweight Hiit workout for 30-60 min that is ideal. If you are stuck at home find a great app ahead of time such as the 7 minute workout so you are all set to go everyday! Also going for daily walks or an early morning jog is great idea! Just MOVE and do a little extra everyday!
- Decide and plan ahead meals and how you eat. I know this sounds like zero fun but it includes planning out what meals you may splurge a little and ones you will keep clean and simple. For example breakfast can be eggs and greens, lunch a nutrient dense salad with healthy protein and dinner maybe you get a glass of wine with and dessert after dinner. This way you think about it so you have an idea and plan and are not overindulging all day then regretting it later.
- PACK HEALTHY SNACKS! This one is HUGE and literally a game changer for me when we travel or when I am out of my normal daily routine. Go to your local health store and look for raw nuts, grass fed meat sticks, clean protein bars, and throw some apples or banana in your bag. These will come in handy so you don’t arrive at the party starved or are tempted to grab more of those holiday cookies!
- Take your vitamins! Don’t forget to keep your immunity strong when visiting with alot of people! Along with a clean diet the right supplements can really help. I take food based multivitamin, fish oil, Vit d/vit k, vitamin b, probiotics, and magnesium everyday!
- Sleep! Sleep! Sleep! Its great to visit with family and friends but when the party’s over get to bed! Aim for 7-9 hours !
Most of all RELAX , de-stress, and have gratitude in your heart. Smile and enjoy this time of year!
Be Well! 🙂
P.S. COME ON OVER AND VISIT ME ON INSTAGRAM
LOOKING FOR MORE WAYS TO STAY ON A HEALTHY TRACK THIS HOLIDAY SEASON? MY GUIDED 14 DAY REAL FOOD REAL FITNESS RESET IS JUST FOR YOU!