Are you eating healthy, exercising and NOT losing weight? If you answered yes than this post may be just what you need to hear! With so many conflicting ideas (especially if you search the internet) it’s no wonder so many people are confused about what it really takes to lose weight, be healthy and thrive!
Before you head to your doctor or blame your thyroid and sluggish metabolism remember drugs are not the answer. Most likely poor thyroid function is not the problem.
Diet guru’s and most doctors tend to blame your brain, mood, emotions, and genetics for not being able to keep weight off. That may be contributing but you can still keep weight off despite these struggles.
The main reason most people can’t keep weight off is because they are not exercising/moving DAILY and NOT eating as healthy as they think they are.
It’s time to take a long, hard, HONEST look into your lifestyle and eating habits.
I’m not trying to sound harsh but if you are just following a random diet plan or cutting calories these things are never sustainable nor do they work. Most if not all “diets” are designed for mass appeal, rather than safety and efficacy. The weight always comes back and then some! Plus diets leave you with a feeling of fear that if you mess up you are doomed. This makes eating a struggle and not enjoyable.
On the flip side you can’t out exercise a bad diet! This approach almost always leaves you caught in a vicious cycle of yo-yo weight struggles up and down… up and down..Fitness is 20% exercise and 80% NUTRITION!!
So what can you do?
Where can you start to get the help you need?
START HERE ↓ BY ANSWERING THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS………
-Are you being honest with yourself about what and how much you eat?
-Are you really making healthy food choices at each meal?
-Do you drink alcohol everyday?
-What do your meals look like on the weekend’s?
-Do you know how much sugar you actually eat in a day?
-Do you have uncontrollable cravings?
-Do you drink pop or diet pop daily?
-Do you see your food choices as fuel for health and longevity or just to fill up and satisfy cravings?
Your answers should provide some insight into how you can move forward on your health journey.
Here are 3 common area’s most people are overlooking and underestimating the impact on their long term health and waistlines.
- EATING OUT – even if its a healthy dish there are many hidden hormone disruptors, preservatives, and ingredients you don’t know about. Stick to cooking most meals at home!
- PORTION SIZES– if you are eating too much you will gain weight (even if its mostly healthy choices.) Most of us are actually eating more than we need to be.
- PACKAGED/CONVENIENT FOOD PRODUCTS-The chemicals in these food products are alarming (crackers, cookies, cakes, chips,etc) Look at the labels of some of your favorite foods and you will find artificial flavors, artificial sweeteners, and genetically engineered crap. Yikes!
- FOOD ADDICTION-There is a conscious effort on behalf of food manufacturers to get you hooked on foods that are convenient and inexpensive to make. About 50% of the obese, and 30% of those overweight are actually addicted to a specific food, combinations of foods, or a volume of food in general.
ITs Time to Quit Cheap Fake Processed Food! Fake processed food and sugar are not only toxic but making people addicted, fat, and sick.
Another HUGE diet myth people often follow is to eat 4-6 “mini” meals throughout the day known as “grazing.”
Small frequent meals WON”T help you lose weight. Eating frequently throughout the day does NOT balance your metabolism. After a week or two of grazing, the body adapts to meal overload by pumping out the fat storing hormone insulin and simultaneously lowering fat
crushing hormones like glucagon, testosterone and human growth hormone
Stick to 3 solid meals a day! Fill your plate up half way with vegetables and the rest clean protein and healthy fats. Train your body to fast in between meals (4-5 hours) to increase its natural fat burning process. It may take a few days to to get used to but you will become an efficient fat burner when you do!
Now that you have some information to digest you can start anew by focusing on these 3 steps!
- Drink MORE water! Coffee/tea are ok also (preferably black) in moderation. Pop, juice, diet drinks, energy drinks etc have GOT TO GO.
- Exercise / MOVE your body everyday! Start with walking at least 2 miles a day and bump up your workouts from there. Get your sweat on and push yourself a few times a week!
- J.E.R.F. Just Eat Real Food!The food you choose to eat is your fuel for the day and what your body will be running on. What you put on your fork is more powerful than what you will find in any pill bottle. Food is your medicine!
If you can check off most if not all of these requirements than you have most likely scored some healthy REAL nourishing food.
- FRESHLY MADE
- MADE IN A KITCHEN AND NOT A FACTORY
- NATURAL and GROWN FROM THE GROUND
- COMES FROM RESPONSIBLY SOURCED INGREDIENTS
- INGREDIENTS FROM LOCAL PRODUCERS
- TRANS FAT FREE
- ARTIFICIAL SWEETENER FREE
- ALLERGY FRIENDLY (gluten free or free from processed grains)
- MADE FROM SCRATCH
- SOURCED FROM FARM TO TABLE
- PASTURE RAISED MEAT & POULTRY
- WILD FISH & SEAFOOD
Remember that living a healthy lifestyle is not a complicated process. Every time you sit down to eat count NUTRIENTS over CALORIES! The more nutrient dense a meal the better!
Get Healthy and Live a life you LOVE and weight maintenance will be a breeze!
Be Well! 🙂
p.s.come on over to my instagram for REAL food recipes and ideas!