Here is a great protocol to follow for flu prevention: (Besides the obvious of washing hands and avoiding those who are sick) This will minimize your risk of contracting all those nasty viruses that are going around by strengthening your immunity naturally!
- Minimize or avoid sugar, grains, and other starchy foods. These foods suppress immune function and slow the body’s healing ability.
- Drink plenty of clean filtered water daily. Hot liquids such as bone broth and matcha tea are beneficial also.
- Eat Clean
- Avoid packaged, processed, and fast food
- Get proper rest every night
- Take a whole foods multivitamin daily
- Take a vitamin D3 supplement daily
- Eat foods high in vitamin C weekly such as parsley and citrus fruit
- Eat plenty of garlic weekly. It is a powerhouse natural antibiotic, anti fungal, and antibacterial. Garlic can tackle almost any illness.
- Supplement with elderberry daily (you can purchase here or make your own.) This study published in the Journal of International Medical Research showed that when the extract is used within the first 48 hours of the onset of flu symptoms, it shortens the duration of flu symptoms by an average of four days!
- Diffuse Frankincense oil all around your house. Research supports its use as a natural healer and immunostimulant.
The best flu prevention is actually not a vaccine but keeping your body healthy and immune system functioning at optimal level all year round. If the flu or any illness does strike there are a lot of options in natural illness treatment. (Note***People who are very sick or who are at high risk of serious flu complications should seek medical treatment.)
Here is a natural remedy reference you can keep on hand in your home and see the video below!
Be Well! 🙂