It’s time to confess that I LOVE chicken marsala! If I’m at an Italian restaurant its my go-to dish! That is why I am super excited to share this quick easy recipe with you using the Instant Pot. Its a simple one pot meal that comes together quickly and tastes amazing! Plus the finished product looks super fancy so its a great meal for larger groups.
Instant Pot Chicken Marsala
- 1-2 pounds of pastured chicken thighs or breasts (I used a mix of both)
- 4 tsp ghee
- olive oil spray
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 3 T diced shallots or onion
- 3 cloves of garlic minced
- mineral rich sea salt
- garlic powder
- 1 cup of Marsala wine
- 3/4 cup chicken bone stock
- Season both sides of chicken with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Turn Instant Pot to saute and wait for it to heat. Then spray inside of pot with olive oil spray. Melt 1 tsp of ghee and brown chicken in batches. (If you are short on time, you can skip this step.)
- Remove chicken and melt another tsp of ghee in pot. Saute mushrooms, shallots, and garlic for a few minutes before adding chicken back in, along with Marsala wine, stock, and another sprinkle of salt and pepper.
- Lock IP cover and switch to manual. Set for ten minutes.
- After cook time is finished, switch to quick release and allow all the steam to escape. Remove chicken and mushrooms, but leave juice in the pot, and turn on saute function again.
- Cook down just a bit to bring sauce together.
Mix chicken, mushrooms, and gravy together and serve with spaghetti squash, gf noodles, rice, potatoes and/or a side of green beans for a deliciously filling meal!
Be Well! 🙂