O.K. here is the simple truth…coffee is an absolute necessary staple every morning for me (A.K.A. I NEED IT and it’s my morning habit)! With that said we all know what we do day in / day out can have an impact on our health. Most of the time its the small daily habits like what we are eating/drinking and if we are exercising. So yes, this even includes your coffee habit!
If you are drinking conventional coffee with artificial creamer & artificial sweetener every day this CAN have a negative impact on your overall health and wellness . SO MAKE A CHANGE TO CHANGE IT UP! Why not make your daily cup of joe a nourishing beneficial start to your day?!
(Of course coffee contains caffeine so I do watch that.) But overall coffee can be a HEALTHY nourishing drink if you do it up RIGHT and don’t overdo it ( I drink 1-2 cups max) !!!
HERE IS HOW TO TURN YOUR AVERAGE CUP OF JOE INTO A NOURISHING DRINK WITH LASTING HEALTH BENEFITS!
- Use an organic coffee and grind the beans yourself. Look for these 3 things in your coffee 1.100% fair trade – 2.Organic and – 3.Shade Grown. I use HIGHER GROUNDS coffee because of its dedication to organic standards and exceptional taste! FYI.…ORGANIC COFFEE is much lower in pesticide residue than regular. Coffee beans are one of the most highly sprayed crops so choosing organic is the healthier way to go.
- Add in FULL FAT organic REAL cream. I use 2 tablespoons which provides a ton of healthy fats, protein, vitamins and minerals and is a much healthier option than boxed artificially sweetened creamers. The cream also turns my coffee into a light luscious color which for some reason I prefer!
- ADD IN 1 TABLESPOON coconut oil and let that melt in. Coconut oil contains medium chain fatty acids that get used up to generate energy which speeds up your metabolism. Medium chain fatty acids are an energy source that helps burn fat and this “thermogenic” effect can last hours after you ingest it.
- Add in a few shakes of cinnamon. CINNAMON encourages insulin uptake in muscle cells which helps to build muscle rather than store fat. A compound in cinnamon encourages body-fat reduction by enhancing glucose burning inside your fat cells.
- Last but not least IS Collagen Protein. 1 TABLESPOON DOES THE TRICK! Collagen protein support Tendons, Ligaments, Muscle Tissues, Healthy Digestion and Glowing Skin. The gelatin I use comes powder form and I buy it here from Dr. Axe. It just dissolves right into my coffee and has no flavor.
Raw leaf stevia IN POWDER FORM is my sweetener of choice and I drizzle just a little in for the perfect amount of sweetness!
A small hand blender can help blend everything in but is not necessary.
Boom! There you have it! Turn your morning cup of coffee into a super food drink with health benefits! Sip and Enjoy!
Susie R. 🙂