Looking for the perfect gift for that person amongst your friends and family who is really into health, fitness and nutrition? Well look no further! I would probably be considered “that” person in my family, lol!
Here are some ideas that for the health nut, fitness junkie, life coach, or REAL FOOD foodie on your list……
- Veggie spiralizer is a perfect gift for the “grain free”, paleo, or gluten free friend. Spiralizing is the “art” of turning vegetables into noodles, using a spiralizer. This handy devise gives spaghetti night a whole new meaning! ( $10-$30 amazon.com)
Home Dehydrater-with a home dehydrater you can dry fruits & vegetables, dehydrate meat for jerky, make your own granola, dry fruit puree into a fruit roll-up and make all-natural pet treats. (depending on model $45-$200 amazon.com)
- Paleo, primal, or REAL food cookbooks! My favorites being Against All Grain by Danielle Walker, The Primal Blueprint cookbook by Mark Sisson, and Nourishing Traditions by Sally Fallon.
6 Pack Bone Broth – This super-food tonic is truly a health gift that keeps on giving! This homemade slow cooked bone broth from pastured bones ships frozen from www.wisechoicemarket.com ( 2 – 24 fl oz packs $33.75 ) I am a HUGE FAN!!!
- Fermented cod liver oil capsules!??? (hey they are not cheap and when you take them everyday stocking up would be much appreciated! )- More and more people are discovering the value of supplementing their diet with high vitamin cod liver oil. This oil is a rich source of vitamins A and D, both of which are not easy to obtain optimal levels of in our modern diet and lifestyle. Increasing numbers of studies indicate that deficiency of vitamin D is incredibly common among Americans, and that the lack of this crucial nutrient may be related to a variety of health issues. Additionally, high vitamin cod liver oil is a good source of the essential fatty acids EPA and DHA, otherwise known as the “Omega 3s.” This oil is thick and rich, full of naturally occurring nutrients. (120 non-gel capsules $29.95 www.radiantlifecatalog.com)
Bronners skin care products are a great all natural, non toxic skin care line made from only organic ingredients. My favorite is the lavendar coconut pump lotion and shave gel. Products range from soaps and lotions to body balms and hair care. (www.drbronner.com)
- Tendergrass farms gift card is a great idea for that clean food freak you know! Purchase organic grass fed pastured meats and healthy fats and have them shipped frozen! (www.tendergrassfarms.com)
Yogurt maker is a great gift but must be for the patient cook! I bought one for my husband last year and we quickly realized it does take time! So this is a good one for someone who doesn’t mind spending lots of time in the kitchen! ($49.95 -www.williams-sonoma.com)
- Lunch Bots stainless steel tins are the perfect eco friendly and non toxic way to pack your lunch or kids lunch. These truly are great for any and all who eat away from home a lot. ($17.99 and up www.lunchbots.com)
Mason jar lids and straw are a great way to make use of all those extra glass mason jars most REAL foodies have layin around! Just twist on the top and straw to your mason jar and you have a cool , healthy way to drink up! ($5.99 www.bedbathandbeyond.com)
- Glass reusable straw. I LOVE my glass straw. Seriously this is a great gift for the juicer or smoothie maker in the family. Drinking a smoothie from these glass straws is so enjoyable and again non-toxic and eco friendly. ($7.95 www.strawesome.com)
Whole foods, better health, or local health food store gift card – I guess we all could use these!
- Organic food basket filled with raw nuts, jerky, lara bars, pure soaps or skin care, organic wine, etc…… I am making one of these for my mother in law this Christmas. She always says the health food store is overwhelming and she doesn’t know what to get. I decided to make her up a paleo gift basket full of all paleo primal snacks she will love! You can make this whatever price point you want!
Gym gear or gift cards to places like lululemon or Nike– again good really for anyone male or female but especially that gym buff or exercise junkie you know.
- Kettle bells or exercise bands for those looking to expand the home gym or update their exercise equipment.
Sprouted nuts and seeds (cause who has time to soak and sprout nuts all day!) This is for sure a good one for the REAL FOOD foodie! Sprouted or soaked nuts are not the easiest home task so I like to purchase mine from time to time. (www.bluemountainorganics.com)
- Books suggestions here —> http://realfoodrealfitness.com/resources/
Himalayan salt lamp not only gives off a beautiful warm glow but is also a home air purifier. Give this gift to a loved one and they will discover the soothing, decorative way to help reduce indoor air pollutants and even “electro-smog” in the home. ($18.00 www.walmart.com)
- Essential oils plus diffuser is another great gift for the home. Essential oils offer homeopathic healing qualities and purification when diffused in the air. Not only that but they improve indoor air quality and smell naturally without burning toxic candles or using “plug-in” air fresheners. I have my essential oils and diffuser going daily! Oils and diffusers can range in price quite a bit. (www.youngliving.com)
Berkey water filtration system is the top of the line in home water purifier. This is the perfect gift for that person you know who is NEVER without a water bottle and can tell you how much H2O they drink daily! Berkey water filters provide the ultimate in water bourne contamination removal and is used worldwide. A Berkey Water Filter gives you the ability to utilize almost any outside natural water source and transform it to the best tasting, purest drinking water possible, all while using a natural method without the use of chemicals or complicated processes. The price starts from $150 and up depending on the model. (www.berkeyfilters.com)
Better late than never but I hope these ideas have helped you get some shopping done and cross off a few things from your lists!
Be well 🙂